Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A Blessed 2013

Year-end Message

            One of the by-products of the Christmas season for me is the opportunity to reflect on all the ways God blessed me during 2013. My wife and children were generally healthy during the year as they pursued God’s will for their lives individually and collectively. God has continued to provide construction/carpentry opportunities for me so that I can continue to provide for my family and continue to fund all my ministry efforts. I praise God for all he has done and provided for me and my family. I am so thankful to those of you who have prayed for me and this ministry over the last year. It has also been such a blessing to see how so many of you have been willing to share the link to this site with your family and friends. Because of the untraditional delivery method and international setting of A Pastor’s Thoughts ministry, it can be difficult for all of you to know or recognize what has transpired over the last year. Let me start by saying that I absolutely abhor when churches pat themselves on the back telling their congregation about all the great things they have done (all in the name of Christ of course)—as though they’ve done God a favor. I will simply say that it is only because of God and your willingness to be obedient to share the message that this ministry can grow. Without God and your faithfulness, what I do and write would be useless. Whether or not this ministry is successful is largely unknown to me because of the unconventional nature of the ministry and because I’ve learned that my idea of success and God’s idea of success are very different. Therefore, I leave the judgment of the ministry’s success or failure in 2013 in God’s hands. Having said that, I want to praise God and thank you for the blessings you were a part of this year at A Pastor’s Thoughts ministry.

Communication and transparency were important for the Apostle Paul’s ministry. Most of the people in one area where Paul ministered didn’t generally know the people who belonged to the Church in other areas or what was happening in those areas. As a result, Paul would provide updates of what was going on in other churches and express his gratitude when members of one church provided for or cared for those in other churches. It was a means of encouragement for the churches so that they would understand that their faithfulness and influence reached far beyond their own church walls or their immediate town or city. Theologian Albert Barnes wrote in Notes On The Bible in 1834 that “It is not improper to commend Christians and to remind them of their influences; and especially to call to their mind the great power which they may have on other churches and people.” For those of you who have done so much and continue to do so much for this ministry, and for the things you've done to serve those around you through your prayers and actions, I offer you these verses from Paul to the church in Thessalonica:

2 Thessalonians 1:2-4; 11-12
2Grace and peace to you from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. 3We ought always to thank God for you, brothers, and rightly so, because your faith is growing more and more, and the love every one of you has for each other is increasing. 4Therefore, among God’s churches we boast about your perseverance and faith in all the persecutions and trials you are enduring…11With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may count you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may fulfill every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith. 12We pray this so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.
A Brief Summary of 2013

            Very briefly, in 2013 I was able to post 52 lessons including this one. Not including this week’s message, weekly lessons were accessed in 79 countries outside of the United States! The top ten lessons accessed during the past year were as follows:



#8—Don’t Worry, Be Happy http://seredinski.blogspot.com/2013/02/dont-worry-be-happy.html and Christians at the Border: Immigration, the Church, and the Bible http://seredinski.blogspot.com/2013/07/christians-at-border-immigration-church.html








What To Expect In 2014

            Although I try not to presume upon God’s will for this ministry, I have been praying for the last few months about the ministry’s direction for 2014. God has made it clear to me that, as has been the case to this point, I must not seek or accept any financial donations, contributions or offerings as part of this ministry. The Vision and Mission for the ministry remains unchanged. However, during the first quarter of 2014, if it is God’s will, I will be adding an audio version to each of my weekly lessons. If you are willing, could you please pray for clarity for this plan as my time already seems to be stretched to the limit? I’m hoping it will offer another option to those who don’t have the time to sit down and read the weekly lessons.

Final Thoughts


            As my final words to you all for 2013, I want to praise God for you and your faithfulness. I encourage you to continue reading the lessons every week, meditating on the message, and incorporating its Biblical truth into your everyday lives. Please take every opportunity to share the message of God’s love as revealed in Jesus Christ to anyone and everyone. There are still countless people all over the world that have yet to access the weekly lessons or hear the saving message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ so please share the link to this website whenever you can. I pray that God will protect you, bless you, keep you, and give you strength as you faithfully follow his will for your life personally and within your respective communities during the year to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment